Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm back...

Thats right, I know it has been a very long time since I wrote anything on the blog, I seem to do that, gain momentum, lose steam,

I have been trying to continue with my outdoor focus during the weekend in Santiago, riding the bike, going for a hike, BBQing outside. The natural wonders that Chile has to offer are second to none, it only takes 30-40 minutes and your out of the city and into a rugged mountain region.

I also got to see Infocap University, where Carolina works, it is for the poorest people in Chile, offers classes on various topics, from cooking, carpentry, plumbing, basic interview skills, art and resources like internet. The campus is beautiful, lots of trees, an observatory in the middle of a grassy field where lambs and peacocks roam. The classes are taught almost entirely by volunteers. The campus is also home to Tetcho Para Chile, whose office is filled with computers, posters and the feeling of activity.

Only two more weeks left after this week at the mine. I will be terminating my contract, so I have to leave the country and come back on a tourist visa, so I think that I am picking up some discount air tickets to Buenas Aires, Argentina, we have been talking about going for a few days, and I think that it is going to happen.

I am also excited to have some time to focus more on my writing for the Santiago Times, and on video and biking, plus, the weather is very nice now, lots of things going on outside like live music in the plaza across from my apartment.

Bring on summer!

1 comment:

Ben O. said...

Welcome back - nice site.

Ben O.