Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Maybe this will become a regular ritual...



Maybe I can manage to discipline myself a bit better...ojala que si... but really, I'm going to have many more photos and captions up in the near future, this blog has been going for quite a while now. When I first arrived in Chile it was a bit of a travel blog, and although I feel that I am still traveling, seeing new places and all, there is a steady familiarity to Santiago now, especially here in Nunoa where I have been living for over a year. That along with an increased ability to speak Spanish has helped me feel more at home in a place so far away from my first home.

It is a bit crazy to live in another country one might say. No matter what kind of linguistic whiz you are (and I make no attempt to include myself in this category) no matter how adaptive you are, there will always be something that will feel different. I think that eventually you can feel at home however, but Santiago will always be a bit new and exciting, no matter what I get used to and bored of...

No comments: