Monday, October 16, 2006

28

So my 28th birthday has now passed, it was well celebrated with good food and better company, on a beautiful day at the base of Los Andes, well actually technically it wasn't the Andes yet, but at the base of a mountain.

To me 28 now means that it has been 10 years since I gained the right to smoke and be arrested. It has flown by, but then again I think about some of the places I have seen or done in those last ten years and it feels aweful long.

I suppose though, the bigger landmark is that it is only 2 years away (now a day less) from turning 30, and that makes me feel like an old man.

2 comments:

Daniel James said...

Happy Birthday to you.
its good to see that you are blogging again. Let me tell you from someone on the other side of the big 30 its not so bad; especially if your doing something interesting. Just imagine if you turned 30 in Iowa City, doing the same shit every night and going nowhere. It was fun when I was doing it, but I am glad I got out. Anyway you won't feel old when your turn 30; You just shift your concept of old back a few years.
thanks for your phone call a few weeks back, sorry I missed it. I'll email you soon.
DJames

Daniel James said...

merry christmas!!! When will you update?