Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Movistar's 3G

So I went out today to sign up for Movistar Chile's 3G offer. They are still marketing it for laptops, I think they may have one or two handsets offered through their store that can use the HSDPA network.

So among the things they say:

600kbps downlink
Same coverage as GSM voice signal
It will be activated today

It is a bit pricey at this point..about 30,000 pesos a month. Hopefully that will come down soon, but I imagine it could take a little while.

Why did I get it? I wanted to be able to work from wherever I please and not depend on some Cafe's crappy WiFi signal. I want to also be able to use it on my phone...I won a Nokia N95 last year when they launched it here and haven't really been able to take advantage of some of its advanced features..save the 5megapixel camera...which took the photo in the header, and the MP3 player.

So we'll see how the service goes.

No comments: