Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Better late than never....

So I wanted to get a post up last week....but didn't get around to it.

Last week on Wednesday October 15th I turned 30 years old. Quite the milestone, its hard to believe how time has flown by, especially since I arrived to Chile in 2004. That was the other milestone, on Oct. 11th I hit my four year mark in Chile. A week of reflection and a bit of celebration was in order. On my birthday I went to what is my second soccer game ever and my first in Chile against their arch rivals, neighbors and a historically very successful team, Argentina. There have been quite a few occasions where people have asked me if I wanted to go or that I had considered going, but it never happened.

Never seemed like the right time.

The wait paid off. Chile played their best and beat Argentina 1-0. Really should've been at least 2, or even 3-0. They really did beat Argentina. This is the biggest thing that could happen to the Chilean national team. Winning the world cup would only be bigger if they had to beat Argentina to do so. Moreover, Chile has never beat Argentina in a world cup elimination round, and it has been 98 years since they beat them in any situation at all (i.e a friendly match).

1 comment:

Mamacita Chilena said...

I love that so many of the Chile bloggers posted about this event. You're right, it was HUGE!

and I'm so jealous that you were actually there to see it!