Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A personal post to the world….a wedding in Chile

Last Friday I had the civil wedding (i.e the legal paperwork) with my Chilean girlfriend of nearly four years. When I landed in Chile I knew on October 12, 2004 I knew it would be the trip of the lifetime, but I didn’t know why. At the time I didn’t know how long I would stay. It was an emotional moment and I have to say I feel a bit more Chilean after living it. It was a small event and afterwards we drank too much wine and champagne.

All I know is that I’m very lucky to found the love that I have in this world.





































I’ve gotten to know her family quite well and feel completely welcome in their company.




















I tried to get my mother involved through a video chat. We chat frequently online and rarely lose the signal. But this day it refused to work. Turns out that shortly before my father passed away of cancer the discussion arose as to whether he could participate in the wedding ceremony (coming later this month) via video chat. He was against it, thought it too intrusive. His presence was strong that day, he was with us I could just feel it.

3 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry your parents couldn't be there to share the moment, but I'm sure they were both there with you in spirit :)

tino said...

congratulations from me too! all the best for you two!

Hanna said...

Yay! Congrats, you guys! And welcome "officially" to the family, Carolina--I couldn't ask for an awesomer sister-in-law!

Looking forward to seeing you guys--just a matter of days now! :)