Sunday, November 28, 2004

Domingo en Santiago

the streets of a sleepy Sunday in Santiago

Everything shuts down here on Sunday. I`m in Provdencia right now using the internet here because the corner cafe by my apartment is closed on Sundays along with just about everything else you can think off. Its a good day for sleeping, which seems to be a favorite activity of many of the Chileans I know. I was pretty tired this mourning following the party at my place for Alexandra`s (my German roommate) 35th birthday. After too much champagne, beer, and vino tinto, and crashed out around 3 am, everyone else continued drinking piscolas until about 5:30, but somehow managed to get up before me. I still have yet to be able to keep up with a late night Chilean party, but there's lots of time for all that.

No comments: