Thursday, February 10, 2005

Sleepin on the bus ain't easy...

Got on the bus last night, a couple from BA from my hostel was also along for the ride to La Paz. It was a pretty empty ride, everyone had a couple seats to themselves, such change from my last bus experience. Still I found it hard to get more then a couple hours of sleep. We arrived at the Bolvian border around 7:50 am, got out and had to wait in a line in the rain to get our passports checked. The border was so weird, there were all these people just bringing all sorts of stuff across the border in carts, even though officially the border was closed. After getting my stamp I had to cross over, by climbing over a small gate, and then another on the Bolvian side. It was so so strange.

Arrived in La Paz a few hours later, it is one hell of a city. Every inch of where I am at is crawling with activity and life. Vendors peddling everything from toe nail clippers to llama fetuses, taxis cruising through crowds waiting to cross the street. Street lights that have a cop deceiding when the light changes on the spot. La Paz is a very interesting place. Tomarrow I am going to try to go to the witches market, they have everything there, everything and anything the imagination could possibly conjure...

No comments: