Tuesday, October 18, 2005

back at the mine...

Back up here, my boss is with me, here to observe my classes and see how things are going. I really dislike having to teach for an audience, especially when it is my boss. The attendence of the students hasn't been very good, for many reasons, I don't know if they will let me finish the course through this December. I guess a decision will be made. I don't think I have ever seen such unstable work, maybe temp work putting popcorn into boxes, but you know that will be unstable when you start. There is this illusion about teaching English, set times for classes, attendence of students, your paycheck, you think you know what it will be, and then bamm a surprise comes. I am trying to find some other way to be busy here that will make my superiors feel like it is worth it to have me, but that is if my job stays intact this week.

Other than that, life is good, here in my 27th year of life....

No comments: