Monday, March 14, 2005

got a few classes....

So the routine of being in one place for an extended amount of time can sometimes be a burden for me. So much easier when you can just get on a bus and head to the next town when things get dull, but there is plenty about being home bound that I enjoy. It is nice to have friends that you know, that you don't have to explain who you are, that you can just relax with. I don't have the same range I had in Santiago but I have a few which is good enough for now. On Friday I went out with a bunch of other English teachers, it was the first time I have gone out with other English speakers in over a month. So different to be able to just talk without any thought process, but not nearly as interesting. A lot of times when I am with Spanish speakers, I am so interested in what they have to say, but if I had the same conversation in English it would be so boring. Talking about clothes, or some stupid television show. I still have a long ways to go with my Spanish, but I can see that I have improved over the last few months. I could hardly finish a sentence when I arrived, now I can go on a short rant in Espanol!

No comments: