Sunday, April 10, 2005

Changes coming soon...

Got out of Santiago this weekend. Wandered with Carolina to the Canjun del Maipo, walked and walked until we reached the foot of Mt. Colorado, with the San Francisco Glacier lining it's towering peaks. I haven´t been out in the Andes enough, there is nothing quite like them. From what I've seen, now Santiago to the Ausengate, I can safely say that they are a force that can change the way you think about yourself and this awesome planet we inhabit. All sense of human scale is diminished in the face of these structures. The scrape the sky, are more rugged then one can imagine, and have a silence to them that will clear your mind of all the human jumble that lurks in our cities. My mind felt so peaceful when I was there, even though many questions were waiting for me when I got back to Santiago.

I think that I need a big change here in Santiago, I have some new options opening up, nothing for sure, but just enough to give me some hope that my work situation will change. I feel my time with Bridge slowly winding down, tomorrow I will know more. Today, I just think about those mountains and nothing can take me down for now...

No comments: