Wednesday, April 13, 2005

So it all moves a bit...

It wasn't too long ago that I was living next the daily chaos of Vicuña Mackenna, one of Santiago's arteries of communter traffic. My window overlooked the parallel road, General Bustamante, which from 7am until late resembles a NASCAR track. I was living in an apartment that was always changing, the other room that was available for rent usually went to a Spanish student at the Senora´s institute. So I had roommates from Austria, Germany, Brazil, and Japan. It was interesting of course, but didn´t make the place seem stable by any means. It is sometimes strange for me to talk to someone who is only in Chile for a short time weeks. Their minds are in a different place then mine.

It wasn´t the smoothest transition to the place in Nuñoa, I spent a week sleeping on the floor of a friend´s apartment. I had tried to extend my first place until I could move, but the month I had paid for ran out, and she wanted to charge me more then a week´s worth. So I just left.

I finally moved into my new place about two weeks ago, it was quite nice to have a closet, a bed, and a key to get in and out once again. It also made it possible for me to move my thoughts to other matters, such as my employment situation.

I wanted to leave Bridge, then I learned that my boss was quitting, so I had to leave Bridge. It is more of a business then a school anyways, I hardly had any classes, and I wanted to get a sense of other working environments here in Santiago. So I wait now, in a training session at a Chilean run school, hoping it will work out. This institute is called Tronwell, and it full of activity. Many students at all times of the day. The halls have a feeling of energy that Bridge lacked. I just hope that I get the job.

Maybe after I have that lined up I can focus on some of the other things in life. I can refocus my effort to learn Spanish. Start to make some books again, play some music, get a paycheck, some of the basics that I haven´t been able to enjoy since coming back to Santiago.

I´ll just have to wait and see...

No comments: