Monday, July 04, 2005

and the week begins again

Monday morning, it always creeps up on me. Luckily I didn´t have any classes this morning. Tomorrow I have a morning class at 8:30, if the student actually shows up. Getting people to come to class can be a difficult matter. Most people who need the classes are also quite busy. It means that I can never be certain how many classes will actually happen. If they cancel ahead of time, I don´t get paid, if the don´t I still get it on my check. It can make teaching a frustrating business as you never know exactly how much your going to make for a given month.

I have also deceided to start back up with Spanish classes. I really need to understand some of the grammar, and it just isn´t happening through conversation or reading the newspaper. It is money that I would like to save for traveling, but I think that it is going to a good cause, my ability to communicate here in Chile.

No comments: