Saturday, December 18, 2004

Linguatec Christmas Party

So we had our Christmas party last night, lots of food, wine, pisco, cerveza, the whole spread. I had some good conversation. It was more English then I have spoken for quite some time. It feels really strange to speak in your native tongue after speaking in another language. It almost shocks me because I can express my ideas without a problem, they just flow freely and in one sentence I can cover lots of ground. The nice thing about speaking in another language is that your much more aware of the words that you choose. Coming to and idea that you want to express but lack the vocabulary is interesting because you have to use the vocabulary you do know as creatively as possible, maybe add in some acting, and hopefully get your point across. It gets really fun when your switching between two languages and your native language starts to look foreign and the foreign feels familiar, that's when the brain twists, and life gets a little more interesting, and a whole lot more confusing.

No comments: