Sunday, December 05, 2004

Tired...

Just got done celebrating my grand uncle`s Berhart`s 70th birthday, lots of people showed up, most of which were speaking German, but I found a few people to speak some English and try my Spanish. Hearing German reminds me what is it like to totally be clueless about a language. I know enough Spanish now that I`m not clueless, just horribly confused, but I do manage to get by. I really need to spend more time each days trying to learn grammar and reading Spanish. It would go along ways.

The party was fun, the music was excellent, three live performers: a German band, a dixie band, a street performer from Buenas Aires, and after all was over, and people were starting to thin out the guitar and a drum was passed around and several hentes, includin Bernardo, sung some Argentine folklore. The folklore is really good, so diffrent from folk music in the US. The rythum is complex, and the song is sharp but very sweet.

Also I must add that there were some very attractive Argentinas working for the catering company. I defintely have to return to BA, not just for the mujeres, but to actually get a sense of the city as well. More pictures to come, more stories as well, I`m tired right now, the party started at 11 am, many bottles of wine, champagne, and a couple kegs of beer were consumed by the time people left around 7pm. Yo estoy muy cansado, manana yo escribro mucho a todo de fiesta, Chau.........

No comments: