Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ready to go to BA

ON Friday I will be heading to the airport and boarding a plane for Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am going to celebrate the 70th birthday of my grandmother´s brother. It is my first time in Buenos Aires, one of the largest cities in all of Latin America. I´m more then ready for a change of pace from Santiago. I really like the place and all, but seeing some new sites and getting a break from my early mourning classes will defitely be a plus. I will be gone from Friday until Tuesday, and Wednesday is a holiday for Chile, giving me another day to get some things done. I need to get my digital camera figured out, this blog is boring without some photos on it, and I want to start really exploring Santiago visually.

I have felt a fair amount of stress lately, many things coming together to make this so. From being in a crazy city where the traffic never stops for the longest amount of time in my life, to dealing with the social relationships that have been created, or the lack there of in my apartment (going well) at work (well so-so) and with friends outside of work (interesting to say the least). Things have changed so much since the end of the TEFL course. I don´t see the same people, I don´t get the same kind of people contact either. Mostly just my classes, going out at night has been limited because I have four early mourning classes. There is some good in all that though, I have been able to save money because of it. I am thirsty for some more social contact. After living in Iowa City for so long, where I only had to turn around to find someone I knew, to here where strangers are the norm, and even the people I do know, I don´t know well. Its fine by me though, but it does take some getting used to. I am really looking forward to talking to grandpapa this weekend in BA.

Tonight I´m going with Ingrid and Jessica to their grandfather´s house. I don´t have any idea what to expect, but I´m trying to prepare me Espanol as best I can, and am hoping for the best. No class tomorrow mourning so I will get to finally sleep in, then I want to check out the Henri Cartier Bresson show at the Museo Bellas Artes. Maybe I can even purchase a guide there, something that has been very difficult to do at the book stores, as they keeping on telling me that it is at the other store (the one I just came from) I also tried to go look at some photos at a couple of the galleries but they were both closed despite the fact that they were supposed to be open. That´s standard for small galleries though, I just think of PS one or the Space and I understand. Anyways, tonight should be interesting,


No comments: