Saturday, January 08, 2005

The beach....

It is quite something to be able to just pop over to the beach. The waves in La Serena are pretty mild compared to what I saw in Vina del Mar, but they still beat the lakes in Iowa (maybe a fast boat will send a "breaker" your way). I've met alot of cool people here, hung out yesterday and the previous night with Lars, a German living in Santiago. Also met Olli and Doug from Freiberg who work for a theater that is performing in Santiago in two weeks, and of course, I can't forget Claudia and Carmen, two sweet Chileanas from La Serena who took me dancing.

Today I want to rent a bike and go for a long ride. I also am going to go swimming and watch the sunset. Tomarrow I will get up early and go on a boat out to a group of Islands with a bunch of sea lions and penguins. Should be fun.....

No comments: