Monday, January 17, 2005

Onward to Peru...

The excitement is setting in as we prepare to cross the border into Peru this afternoon. I am looking forward to seeing this country, it is a country with a profound history. Cusco, where I should be arriving is the old Inca capital, and and footsteps of Machu Pichu, I didn't envision my self going there when I set out for Chile, but now I can't picture not going. Last night I went to a party with Elisabeth and some of her Chilean friends who live here in Arica, good party, but having only slept an hour the night before I had to leave early, around 3:30 or so. Met some Chilean teenagers on the walk home drinking wine from a box on the beach and talked to them for a little while. We also picked up another solo traveler for the voyage north, a half French, half Italian girl named Sandra who lives in England. I look forward to the reunion with March Pietan, a lot has happened since we went our ways several months ago in Santiago. I also hope to meet up with a friend of my roommate, America, an Indian who is traveling all around the world (I think).

Swam in the ocean, slept on the beach after waking, ready, so ready to go to Peru!

No comments: